Summer is just around the corner, signaling the need to gear up for beach outings. As I embark on my own preparations, I believe it’s beneficial to share and recommend some summer reading material.
This suggestion is particularly aimed at individuals interested in delving into Azure and striving to become experts in their field – true ROCKSTARS. When initiating a new venture, it’s essential to approach it securely. That’s why I’d like to kick off the list with a fantastic book called “Azure Security Cookbook,” authored by the esteemed @Steve Miles.
I possess both the paper and ebook editions of the book and I thoroughly enjoy having both formats at my disposal. The digital version proves incredibly convenient when I’m on the go, whether commuting to work or traveling elsewhere. However, when I’m at home, I find great satisfaction in using the paper edition and taking notes alongside it. Although it may seem redundant, I appreciate having access to the same content regardless of my location. It provides a sense of comfort and convenience, knowing that the book is available to me wherever I may be.
So now let’s check the book.
I want to highlight the fact that Steve has introduced highly practical concepts that allow us to harness the full potential of security measures within Azure.
In my mind when I am reading I am always separating this either on specific topics, categories, chapters, or Key Takeaways:
So in this case the Key Takeaways from the book are as below:
- Gain a comprehensive understanding of securing Azure AD identities, Azure networks, remote access, virtual machines, Azure SQL databases, and Azure storage.
- Explore the use of Azure security tools, including Azure Advisor, Microsoft Defender for Cloud, Microsoft Sentinel, and Traffic Analytics.
- Learn practical techniques and best practices to enhance the security of your Azure environment and protect valuable resources.
- Understand the importance of leveraging Azure Advisor’s recommendations engine for optimizing security configurations.
- Discover the capabilities of Microsoft Defender for Cloud and Microsoft Sentinel for advanced threat detection and response.
- Implement traffic analytics to monitor network activity, visualize traffic patterns, and identify potential cyber threats.
- Develop a comprehensive Azure security strategy to address evolving threats and challenges.
The “Azure Security Cookbook” provides a step-by-step guide to securing various aspects of Azure, from identities to virtual machines and storage. With insights into essential security tools and technologies, readers can enhance their Azure security posture and protect their valuable assets effectively.
By applying the knowledge and techniques shared in the “Azure Security Cookbook,” we will be well-prepared to fortify our Azure infrastructure and defend against potential threats in an increasingly complex digital landscape.
Link for the Book: https://packt.link/oVaTE
More from Steve Miles : https://www.amazon.co.uk/Steve-Miles/e/B09NDJ1RC8